UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man
The Isle of Man truly is a fantastic place to live, work and play and somewhere we’re incredibly proud to call our home.
Our Island is also the first entire country to earn UNESCO Biosphere status, which means its unique countryside, community and economy are safeguarded for all to enjoy.
Sporting Club Isle of Man, and it’s teams, are committed to using sport to promote and support the Manx community and develop the existing social and sporting capital on the Island.
So we are delighted to be partnering with Biosphere Isle of Man, as it will enable us to promote the amazing efforts already happening around the Island in developing the islands community and economy in a sustainable way and making a positive impact to the our environment.
Specifically, Sporting Club and its teams will promote and protect our unique environment and community through:
- Crests synonymous with our Celtic and Viking heritage
- EcoKits from Hope & Glory made from recycled ocean plastics
- Supporting Beach Buddies Isle of Man at its beach cleans and kit sale donations
- Encouraging young people to be aware of the environment
- Promoting the Cycle to Work Scheme
- Implementation of digital ticketing from TicketCo to reduce paper-waste
- Working to use as much green energy as possible
- National and international promotion of the IOM via sporting events
Help create new opportunities for our Island through team sport.